The hardest part about this blog is limiting myself to 6 points. Changing lifestyle and habits is really difficult and is one hell of a journey, but let’s go through a few absolutes to help you along your way.
- Stop listening to people who don’t spend their lives trying to help people change. Hearsay and word of mouth can be detrimental to your journey. Stop letting people who haven’t walked the journey tell you where to go.
- Stop waiting for that magic answer, you are going to be waiting a long time. Don’t let something else or someone else do it for you. Your body, your life, your choice.
- Stop expecting the 12 week transformations that are plastered on the internet. Some people just immerse themselves in the journey and can change very quickly but for every 1 transformation photo over 12 weeks there are 20 that take much longer, and I am speaking from experience here.
- Start enjoying it. If you have to start everyday dreading the food you eat, or the exercise you are going to do this whole process isn’t going to last long. The best diet is the one you can stick to. It’s a lifestyle thing, not a 12 week kamikaze blast. That isn’t conducive to long term success.
- Start with your mind-set. You have to be relentless with your mind-set at the start. It’s a lifestyle change you are embarking on, don’t underestimate the pitfalls and don’t blow up after one mistake. I make mistakes far too much, but each month I am making less.
- Start. Yup the final and most important point is to start. Stop waiting for anyone or anything else. It’s a fun journey, stop wasting time in a place you don’t want to be. People will help you climb the hill, but it’s the first step that’s the scariest once you have that under your belt, just start to enjoy where you are going.
I hope you found this useful. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01785 879049.